Holidays in Panamá
Panamanians love holidays, and Panamá has plenty of them. Locals take these opportunities to share get togethers with family and friends, most of the time, traveling to other towns, beaches, mountains or islands. Each of these places, with singular beauty and attractive in different ways.
If you plan to travel during carnival time, Holy Week, November or December are considered peak seasons, and usually hotel and other facilities must be booked in advance, so be ready to wait on line.
Weather: (rainy season) between May through November.
(dry season, or no rain) between December through April (beautiful)
The National Holidays (2014) are:
- January 1 New Year
- January 9 Martyr´s Day
- March 4 Carnival (variable...lasts 4 days).
- April 18 Holy Friday (Catholic Holy Week)
- May 1 Labor Day
- August 15 City of Old Panamá foundation (Historic & local)
- November 4 Flag Day (local)
- July 1 Presidential Inauguration (every 5 years).
- November 3 Separation from Colombia
- 5 City of Colón
- 10 First Independence shout.. (Los Santos)
- 28 Independence from Spain
- December 8 Mother´s Day (Catholic Feast)
- 25 Christmas Day