There are several items that should be considered by prospective buyers here in Belize.
1) Agents don't always show properties that aren't their own listings. What this means to you as the prospective buyer is additional time spent cultivating relationships with agents. With the limited time many buyers have it's important to see all applicable listings that fit the criteria.
2) Because many sellers in Belize use the open listing concept you may end up looking at the same property over and over as agents will price differently, describe differently and you, the buyer, end up spending more time than is necessary to look at the same properties.
3) Not all agents will show properties that are less expensive, so the buyer's needs aren't put first.
4) It's important to use an agent you can trust, one who will show you all inventory, one who is responsive to your requests. Otherwise your final decision, as the buyer, isn't done with full information.
5) On a final note, don't wait until the last day of your visit to arrange to see properties with an agent. High season is a busy time, appointments are already made and you may not be able to see anything. Also, homes are rented to guests - generally 24 hour notice has to be given to them for showing the property. Waiting until the end and hopefully finding something just puts too much pressure and you may not get to see everything you want to see.
(Homes in the Sanctuary Belize development, Belize, pictured.)