The best things about living in Volcan and Cerro Punta:
- The weather. It's not too cold and not too hot in Volcan and Cerro Punta. It’s just great.
- There is no traffic, so you get everywhere very fast.
- It's very inexpensive in Volcan and Cerro Punta. Many of the things we use every day in other places just aren’t that much needed. For example, we don’t need air conditioning or heat, so the power bill is very low. The city water is $5 per month, garbage pickup is approximately $8 per month, electricity approximately $25 per month. Also (just like in the rest of Panama), you get your retiree discount to make everything is even cheaper.
- The people in Volcan and Cerro Punta are very friendly and helpful.
- We have a lot of medicinal plants in the area, so if you like natural or alternative medicine, Volcan and Cerro Punta is your place
- Vegetables, eggs, pork, chicken, dairy are fresh right from the farms to your kitchen. (Sometimes the farmers have too much of one vegetable, so they just give them to you for free.)
Now, the bad things about living in Volcan and Cerro Punta:
- You may get bored. There are not many activities to do in any of the area towns. For some people this is great just to be just in contact with nature, but some others will find it very boring.
- Very few people speak English
- We don't have good service in almost any of the public companies. Some examples: To get your phone line it will take approximately a month and you have to call them every day. If you pay your cable TV at the company the same day your service expires they will cut the service off because the payment system doesn’t record it for 3 working days, and of course, nobody tells you that.