Panama does require home quarantine for dogs and cats upon entry. Should the pet import requirements not be met, the pet will be returned to the origin.
Pet Import Requirements
- Rabies vaccination for pets older than 3 months
- Distemper, Parvovirus, and Leptospirosis vaccination for dogs
- Vaccinations should be administered at least 30 days prior to entry and not more than 1 year prior to entry.
- Issued by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of entry into Panama, endorsed by the USDA or CFIA, and legalized by a Panamanian Consulate.
Pet Owner Responsibility
- Contact the Panamanian Ministry of Health at least 3 days prior to arrival to complete the "Home Quarantine Request". The fee is USD$130.00 cash payable upon arrival at Tocumen International Airport.
You can trust that Best Places does not manipulate content to sell you anything. All opinions in the Community Q & A and Expat Stories are those of its authors, not Best Places.